All of them, those in power, and those who want the power, would pamper us, if we agreed to overlook their crookedness by wilfully restricting our activities.
Disclaimer: Dianetics and Scientology are trademarks of the Religious Technology Center (RTC.) These pages and their author are not connected with the Church of Scientology or RTC, or any other organization residing under their corporate umbrella.
This site is best viewed using a highly standards-compliant browser
Comments and analysis from various contributors on the right-hand margin.
Organization's primary exempt purpose
|To rid the world of drug abuse, crime, illiteracy and immorality.||
ABLE WINS (1989): "ABLE's purpose is 'to create a total revolution in the fields of drugs, crime and education by pushing LRH™ tech into wide, wide use.'
We will be doing this by promoting the incredible services and results of Narconon™, Applied Scholastics™, Criminon™ and The Way To Happiness Foundation." [Narconon Exposed]
Assistance to Social Betterment Corporations
The mission of Association for Better Living and Education International (ABLE International) is to reverse the social decay that threatens our society by resolving the devastating core problems of drug addiction, crime, failing education, illiteracy and plummeting morality.
ABLE International carries out this mission by promoting and supporting the use of social betterment technologies developed by philosopher and humanitarian, L. Ron Hubbard. In particular, ABLE International addresses four fields of social betterment through the programs it supports:
In each of these fields, an organization affiliated with ABLE International utilizes Mr. Hubbard's technologies to effect social improvement. The assistance ABLE International gives these organizations is integral to its mission of social improvement.
Four key organizations that ABLE assists are as follows:
During 2002, more that 80 new groups were started to implement the programs utilizing L. Ron Hubbard's social betterment technologies and methodologies.
One of ABLE International's functions is to provide social betterment organizations with the physical facilities necessary to house their charitable and educational programs. In 2002, ABLE International continued a program of purchasing and fully renovating new facilities to more efficiently provide support and assistance to the above international organizations.
ABLE International started the renovations of its property in St. Louis, Missouri, which is to become the site of the international headquarters for Applied Scholastics International. The campus will also be a training facility for teachers to learn the educational methods of L. Ron Hubbard, and will also house marketing and promotional functions as well as their publishing division, Effective Education Publishing.
In addition to the acquisition of facilities, ABLE International provided technical assistance to the above social betterment organizations. This assistance helped stimulate international expansion of the organizations and their humanitarian programs resulting in hundreds of thousands of people being helped by these social betterment programs.
ABLE International worked with a new team of executives to assist Applied Scholastics International to build up their organization with personnel and materials and to develop the service delivery lines in order to carry out their purpose of injecting study technology into the many facets of the education field. ABLE International also helped Applied Scholastics International to develop an organizing board that reflects all of the functions necessary to bring about the much needed turnaround in the dwindling spiral of education worldwide.
ABLE International and its continental offices assisted Applied Scholastics International in the following ways:
- To get the educational books: Learning How to Learn and Grammar and Communication translated and released in Thailand during a seminar attended by teachers and other educators as well as Ministry of Education officials. This resulted in reaches by 70 educators to be fully trained on Study Technology which is being arranged through the Applied Scholastics training center in Thailand.
- To get a Pakistani publisher to publish other educational books on Study Technology: Learning How to Learn in Urdu as well as Study Skills for Life, How to Use a Dictionary and Grammar and Communication. Two phases of training teachers to train other teachers on Study Technology were also completed in Pakistan.
- In getting a publisher in China to publish five educational books on Study Technology — a total of 25,000 books were published.
ABLE International assisted The Way to Happiness Foundation International as follows:
- To prepare for its relocation to its new headquarters in the new property purchased in 2001 by ABLE International in Glendale, California. Many new staff were hired for the Foundation and a new organizing board was developed to better facilitate the publishing and international distribution of the booklet The Way to Happiness.
- In the distribution of more than 2.4 million copies of The Way to Happiness, a common sense guide to better living, throughout the world. This included distribution of this booklet newly into Afghanistan, Vietnam, Cameroon and Mongolia and in two new languages: Farsi and Urdu.
- In producing and distributing 60,000 copies of The Way to Happiness in Israel and Palestine to help assuage the conflicts in these areas.
- To set up a campaign to reduce crime and violence in an area of Hollywood, a campaign spearheaded by a Los Angeles police officer. As part of this campaign, 36,000 copies of The Way to Happiness were distributed by concerned neighbors and other citizens; banners with the precept "Safeguard and Improve Your Environment" were placed on street lamp posts in the area; and a neighborhood clean-up was done.
- In getting a major distribution of over 235,000 copies of The Way to Happiness distributed in Guyana.
- Provided assistance in getting 30,000 booklets inserted in a local Muslim newspaper.
- To create The Way to Happiness "Set a Good Example" float for the Hollywood Christmas Parade. The float promoted the ideals of honesty, trust and religious tolerance and was viewed by millions of people watching the parade from the street as well as on TV stations throughout the USA.
ABLE International and its continental offices provided assistance to Narconon International in their achievement of the following:
- A professional training program was developed and delivered at Narconon Arrowhead in Oklahoma to professionals from Oklahoma, New York, Texas and Colorado.
- Narconon Warner Springs in California was renovated in readiness for its delivery of the Narconon drug rehabilitation program to 30 people.
- Publishing the Narconon First Step program (drug-free withdrawal) which is delivered seminar style to drug addicts and allows them to get themselves off drugs with the help of a friend or family member. Seminars were then delivered by Narconon International and its Narconon centers to professionals and officials from the drug rehabilitation field and drug enforcement agencies in India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Sweden and the United States.
ABLE International and its continental offices provided assistance to Criminon International by compiling a Criminon starter pack for opening Criminon correspondence groups so they can deliver The Way to Happiness courses to inmates.
Materials Compilations and Publications
An important part of ABLE International's mission includes the compilation, translation, publication and broad distribution of books and other materials containing the social betterment technologies developed by L. Ron Hubbard. These include materials for the general public as well as the courses and course materials necessary to train staff of new and existing social betterment groups.
ABLE International assisted Narconon International in its compilation of the Narconon First Step Program, a seminar style service training people on how to do a drug-free withdrawal.
ABLE International assisted Applied Scholastics International in its compilation of the following teacher training and other educational courses:
Finalization of the Effective Learning Course, an advanced course for teaching teachers and students on the effective methods of learning called Study Technology.
Courses for teacher's aides, a tutor's course, progressive tutoring tools, a basic course supervisor course, breakthrough teaching tools and a modern phonics course.
ABLE International assisted The Way to Happiness Foundation International in the translation of a poster featuring the twenty-one moral guidelines of The Way to Happiness in Arabic and Hebrew. It also compiled the pilot versions of The Way to Happiness Elementary lesson Plans and Middle School Lesson Plans.
Public Information on the Solution to Societal Ills
ABLE International conducts public awareness campaigns to focus on problem areas in society and to highlight the solutions to these problems provided by the affiliated programs that it supports and assists.
During 2002, ABLE International sent out over 775,000 magazines, broadsheets, promotional fliers and newsletters broadly and to specific persons in the fields of education, drug rehabilitation, criminal rehabilitation, and moral improvement. Through its continental offices, ABLE sent out an additional 4,400,000 promotional items, making known the solutions available to resolve the major societal ills.
ABLE International designed and published a brochure on its purposes and social betterment programs and sent this out to opinion leaders in the United States and around the world.
Two editions of ABLE International's Solutions Magazine were printed and published in 2002, with each magazine distributed to many thousands of people.
ABLE International participated in the U.S. Conference of Mayors where ABLE representatives met directly with 80 mayors and briefed them on our solutions to societal ills through implementation of our social betterment programs.
ABLE International provides large visual displays illustrating the problems society faces in the 21 century—and the effectiveness of ABLE's programs through the application of L. Ron Hubbard's breakthrough technologies. Viewed both by members of the general public, civic and community leaders, religious leaders and leaders of industry from around the world, the displays inform visitors about the results of ABLE's programs and how to implement these programs in their own areas. In the year 2002, more than 3,200 people toured ABLE International's headquarters and viewed the displays, including the Consul Generals for Belize, Croatia, Czech Republic, Honduras, Malaysia, Nicaragua, South Africa and Thailand, and the Governor General of Belize. One Chinese business man visiting ABLE International later brought a delegation of 10 educators from Yunnan Province resulting in planning for teachers to be trained at the Applied Scholastics campus to be opened in 2003 in St Louis, Missouri.
ABLE International assisted Narconon Arrowhead in Oklahoma with the establishment of its advisory board and the holding of an annual drug rehabilitation advisory board meeting.
ABLE International's continental office in Canada participated and spoke at the Special Committee of Non-Medical Use of Drugs Hearing in Ottawa, Canada. The committee was composed of Members of Parliament and was televised