All of them, those in power, and those who want the power, would pamper us, if we agreed to overlook their crookedness by wilfully restricting our activities.
Disclaimer: Dianetics and Scientology are trademarks of the Religious Technology Center (RTC.) These pages and their author are not connected with the Church of Scientology or RTC, or any other organization residing under their corporate umbrella.
This site is best viewed using a highly standards-compliant browser
It, Nancy McLean, of the Village of Sutton West in the judicial-district of York, make oath and say as follows:
1. I was a Scientologist from mid July 1969 to mid October 1972; that I was a staff member at the Church of Scientology of Toronto, from mid February 1970 to mid October 1972; and as such have knowledge of the matters hereinafter depose and say.
2. During my studies of Scientology technology, I did ask and receive a definition of the process known as R2-45, mentioned on the bottom of page 120 in the book "Creation of Human Ability", written by L. Ron Hubbard, and published by the Garden City Press Limited Letchworth, Hertfordshire, England. Said book first published in 1954.
The document attached hereto and marked Appendix "A" is a true copy of Page 120 of this book.
3. Scientologists have attempted to inform the public that R2-45 was a "joke", and not intended to be taken literally. I have a tape of a radio broadcast in which Mr. Robert Dobson Smith, the then Public Relations Director for Canada, admitted that R2-45 was killing someone.
4. The definition given to me was the use of a colt 45 pistol aimed towards a person's head while pulling the trigger. My initial response was that this must be a joke, and I was definitely told that it was not a joke.
5. During the period of 1960 to 1968 scientology under L. Ron Hubbard's direction took a different course from it's earlier beginning. Hubbard initiated a series of Ethics Orders and Policy Letters to deal with attacks on Scientology by both the outside world and by persons who left Scientology. He also developed an internal system of tribunals to deal inter alia with Scientologists who left the organization and then disclosed information concerning Scientology to outsiders. Such persons if found guilty by the tribunal were declared "Suppressive Persons" and made subject to the "Fair Game Law" by an Ethics Order. To declare someone "fair game" meant that a Scientologist could do anything to the person or property of the "suppressive person" without fear of sanction from Scientology or it's members.
The document attached hereto and marked Appendix "B", is a true copy of page 26 of the Basic Staff hat Book #1, by L. Ron Hubbard.
6. In 1968 L. Ron Hubbard issued an order cancelling the declaration of "Fair Game".
The document attached hereto and marked Appendix "C", is a true copy of page 489 of the O.E.C. Volume 1, by L. Ron Hubbard.
7. I have copies in my possession in which ex-Scientologists were declared "suppressive persons" and made subject to the "fair game law" and a copy of Auditor #37 placing 4 persons under auditing process R2-45. In the context of such Ethics Orders auditing process R2-45 cannot be considered humorous or a joke, but a serious order.
The document attached hereto and marked Appendix "D", is a true copy of an original copy of the Auditor. The reference to Auditing Process R2-45, found in paragraph 7, under heading "Racket Exposed", was known by me as a staff member of the Church of Scientology to mean to kill someone with a Colt 45 automatic Pistol.
8. This affidavit is made in good faith and for no improper purpose.
SWORN before me in the
This 23rd day of November, 1978