GO 121669 MSH 16 December, 1969
To: All D/A/Guardians for Intelligence
PROGRAMME: INTELLIGENCE: INTERNAL SECURITY
OBSERVATION: The enemy has used the method of infiltration to obtain information against ourselves as known from incidences in South Africa, Edinburgh, and Washington, D.C.
The enemy has also "turned" and used as double agents staff members as revealed by Maurice Johnson at Saint Hill and Barbara Peake in Melbourne.
Further, the enemy has used former disaffected staff members, Scientologists or relatives of Scientologists in their attacks - Phillip Wearne and Doug Moon in Australia, Jean Kennedy and Gene Van Niakerk in South Africa, Michael Parnetta and Mrs. Henslow in England, Eleanor Turner and the former Mrs. Elmo Troup in America and the O'Donnel family in New Zealand, to name but a few of the outstanding examples.
Although infiltrators and double agents can create more internal chaos and disorder in an organization, the enemy has been most successful in their attacks through the use of disaffected staff, Scientologists or relatives of Scientologists and the biggest gross error an organization can makes as regards its own security is violation of the HCO Policy letter of 27 Oct, 1964, "Policies on Physical Healing, Insanity and Potential Trouble Sources."
The duty of keeping the organization secure belongs in the HCO Division, both in RAP and Inspections and Reports, but the Intelligence Bureau has learned through long experience that it cannot leave this function entirely up to HCO and where it has done so, it has had to suffer the consequences. Thus this programme is a vital one.
MAJOR TARGET: To use any and all means to detect any infiltration, double agent or disaffected staff member, Scientologist or relatives of Scientologists and by any and all means to render null any potential harm such have rendered or might render to Scientology or Scientologists.
1. This programme is to be done by the Asst. Guardian or the D/A/Guardian for Intelligence, if thi post is held separately.
1. To make full use of all files on the organization to affect your major target. These include personnel files, Ethics files, dead files, Central files, training files, processing files, and requests for refunds.
2. To assemble full data by investigation of each person located for possible use in case of attack or for use in preventing attack and to keep files of such.
3. To be alert to usual security precautions and to see that these are performed by the organization; such as proper locking of the premises, security of keys, locking of files, the changing of locks if keys have been lost, proper safes, etc.
4. To keep off staff and org line any person who has ever betrayed Scientology or who has threatened to betray or blackmail Scientology.
5. To ensure the Policy Letter on Physical Healing, Insanity and Potential Trouble Source is not violated and to be alert to any possible violation.
6. To maintain a good liason line to Ethics and ensure that the Ethics Officer alerts you to any person who might attack Scientology.
7. To be alert to any organizational theft or disappearance of records and files as a possible indication of an infiltration or double agent. Infiltrators are frequently those who have recently "joined" Scientology and so can be watched. Double agents are usually detested by natter, down stats, disorder in their area and no case gain.
8. To be effective and imaginative in your collection of data and in your actions to nullify any attack or threat of attack.
9. To keep your Asst. Guardian fully advised and the D/Guardian for /Intelligence WW, who will inform the Guardian WW in such matters.
PRODUCTION TARGET: This is a continuing Programme on which Projects will be issued from time to time.
Mary Sue Hubbard
Mary Sue Hubbard was the wife of L.Ron Hubbard. "CS-G" stands for Commodore's Staff, Guardian. In 1969 Hubbard was aboard a converted ferry that the Church had purchased. The official Church line is that Hubbard resigned as the Executive Director of the Scientology Worldwide operation in 1966, however the evidence is overwhelming that Hubbard continued to micro-manage every aspect of the organization. Several years earlier Hubbard established the SEA ORGANIZATION. The Sea Org was a small, zealous group of Scientologists that manned several vessels that Hubbard called his "flotilla". Hubbard called himself the "Commodore" and Sea Org members wore naval uniforms, saluted each other, and had enlisted and officer ranks to distinguish themselves. Hubbard gave his wife a life-time appointment as Controller of the Scientology Worldwide (WW) operation. Hubbard paid his Sea Org members $30 a week, plus room and board. The pay has remained the same over the years.
"The enemy" mentioned in the document is vague, however several years earlier, shortly after Hubbard made the legendary discovery of the Mystery of OT III while he was aboard ship, he made an audio recording of his experience and it was called "Ron's Journal". Copies were made and distributed to every Scientology organization in the world. The airing of "Ron's Journal" was a special event for all staff members.
Ron's Journal gave an account of how he single-handedly managed to traverse the "Wall of Fire" on OT III, nearly losing his life. The "Only One" who managed to do it and come out alive in the last 76 million years.
Hubbard announced that his investigation has revealed the actual identity of the "Suppressives" who were behind the "attacks" on Scientology and provided their names and the organizations they were connected to. The organizations included the AMA, the FDA, Law Enforcement and Intelligence Agencies in the United States, England, Russia, and South Africa, plus several International Banks.
The search for "Suppressives" quickly became the highest priority in Scientology organization and Hubbard released numerous "Ethics" policy letters to detect "SPs" and released new "tech" to discover "SPs" that people undergoing auditing were connected to.
Hubbard's obsession with finding the SPs responsible for the troubles in his organization rapidly infected the whole Scientology network. He remained at sea to avoid the numerous enemies he perceived as hostile to his mission to produce a planet of Clears, free of the harmful effects of OT III.
In the 1970's, under Mary Sue Hubbard's direction, the Church of Scientology devised a plan to place clandestine Church members as employees in various U.S. government agencies that Hubbard considered "suppressive". This was a highly-secret operation, known only to the elite staff in the Guardian Office. Extrordinary steps were taken to conceal Hubbard's actual control of the overall operation.
In 1976 Hubbard sold off his fleet and went ashore in Florida. Numerous dummy corporations were set up to conceal any connection with Hubbard or Scientology. Hubbard set up elaborate precautions to conceal his actual whereabouts. Federal Law Enforcement agencies caught on to the Church plot to steal government records and Mary Sue Hubbard and several other Church leaders in the Guardian Office were indicted and convicted on Federal charges. Hubbard continued to elude detection or the serving of subpoeneas.
All staff members are fully aware of the potential use of the most private details of their life and their personal transgressions should they later decide to leave Scientology and most former staff members are reluctant to speak out about abuses within the organization, for fear of the embarrassment the covert revealation of their personal records can cause.
The Church of Scientology has NEVER substaniated any of its many allegations of government "infiltrators" and its current siege mentality is the product of Hubbard's paranoid delusions.
United Free Zone Alliance