All of them, those in power, and those who want the power, would pamper us, if we agreed to overlook their crookedness by wilfully restricting our activities.
Disclaimer: Dianetics and Scientology are trademarks of the Religious Technology Center (RTC.) These pages and their author are not connected with the Church of Scientology or RTC, or any other organization residing under their corporate umbrella.
This site is best viewed using a highly standards-compliant browser
Disclaimer: This archive is presented strictly in the public interest for research purposes. All the copyrights of materials reproduced here are the properties of their respective owners.
AFFIDAVIT OF JAMES GERVAIS
I, James Gervais, state the following under the pains and penalties of perjury:
1. My introduction to Scientology was in July of 1973, when many representations were made to me concerning the benefits of "auditing" and Scientology.
2. The following representations were made to me relative to benefits allegedly provided by Scientology and "auditing".
a) raise my IQ;
b) cure diseases and mental illness;
c) solve drug problems and other personal problems;
d) stabilize and promote familial harmony and unity;
e) improve study habits and college grades;
f) increase activity and career potential.
3. The above representations were and are false.
4. Relying upon the above representations, I joined Scientology.
5. Boston Org members represented that the process of "auditing" would remain confidential. This was false.
6. Boston Org members induced me to join staff and fraudulently represented I would be paid a substantial salary for services rendered and I would receive auditing free.
7. Relying upon the above representations, I paid approximately $10,000.00 for auditing and provided services to the Boston Org. I made confidential disclosures in auditing which were thereafter fraudulently conveyed to third persons.
8. As a Church member, I became aware of and observed a practice designated "crime culling", where Church members reviewed auditing files and extracted confidential and intimate experiences and revealed this information to third parties for the purpose of extorting silences manipulating conduct and depriving legal rights of any person who attempted to leave Scientology.
10. In December of 1979, I left Scientology due to an increasing awareness of the fraudulent misrepresentations made to me.
11. All property in my possession that relates to Scientology, is owned by me and lawfully possessed by me. I do not have any property in my possession nor have I given any property to Attorney Michael J. Flynn, or any other person at any time belonging to the Church of Scientology, of which I do not have lawful possession thereof.