All of them, those in power, and those who want the power, would pamper us, if we agreed to overlook their crookedness by wilfully restricting our activities.
Disclaimer: Dianetics and Scientology are trademarks of the Religious Technology Center (RTC.) These pages and their author are not connected with the Church of Scientology or RTC, or any other organization residing under their corporate umbrella.
This site is best viewed using a highly standards-compliant browser
By William C. Barwell
Put up or shut up!
1. The OT III materials as seen above, make some some rather big claims that are easily testable. Let us consider an easy test that can conclusively prove this if true.
2. Consider a test where there are two rooms.
3. The OT III test subject is in one room at a desk in a comfortable chair.
4. In a second room, on a white wall, there is mounted a piece of paper. It is colored say, yellow, red or blue. On it is a word chosen at random. The room is well lighted.
5. These are printed with a color laser printer or some such that they are readily readable with easily contrasting letter colors. Size is 8 X 14 inches.
6. The words are fairly simple nouns easily readable. Words like WALRUS, TABLE, BOOK, RADIO etc. They are printed in easy to read large block letters. Construction paper and vinyl stick on block letters may be used instead.
7. The test subject, when ready, pushes a panel button that tells the testers in another room he is ready to start.
8. When they see the light, they choose a test paper, prepared papers are used from a randomized list of colors and words that have been created and printed and given to them just before the test in a sealed envelope.
9. They place the chosen paper in a holder or frame on the wall of the test chamber.
10. They then hit a switch that turns on a light at the OT III's desk telling him the paper is now up and readable. The OT III turns of the switch he signalled his readiness to the test subjects with.
11. Exteriorizing with full perceptics, the OT III read the words and notes the color of the paper. This is then written down on a pre-made answer form with a pencil.
12. The OT III may also choose to pass, this is ignored for purposes of scoring.
13. When done, the OT III hits the start button that signifies he or she is done and to place up another test paper.
14. The new paper is placed as before.
15. This is done for a predetermined set of runs, say 25, 50, 100.
16. At end of test, score sheets are collected and examined.
17. A truly exteriorized thetan as promised, an end point for OT III, should easily be able to read the word, and note the color.
18. With three colors, chance dictates a correct guess 1/3 of all choices.
19. A truly exteriorized OT III should easily be able to pass this test.
20. James Randi has $1 million dollars for any person who can demonstrate any paranormal abilities. An OT III who can really exteriorize with full perceptics should have no problem showing he or she can pass the above test.
21. I predict this test will never be done by Scientology. Nor individual Scientologists.
22. SCIENTOLOGY! PUT UP OR SHUT UP!
"Its the hit dog what yelps." — Mark Twain