By Tilman Hausherr more
27 October 1997
At the press conference about human rights and religious
freedom violations by scientology I took notes when
Tanya spoke. Tanya is the
girl who escaped from
and she was one of the people who spoke on the podium. She is
now 18 but she looks like a child.
- One of her jobs was to open
mail and to check it for money or for relatives that are
- Her superior was a 13 year old girl named "Lilly".
- She did recruit other children. She is very sad and
feels guilty that she did that.
- She and Lilly had to wear make-up to look older, because
customers were wondering
- Her schedule starts at 7:15 and goes to 24:00. This was
first disputed, then confirmed by scientology. The schedule
is the same for children then for adults. In practice the
schedule was even longer, especially on Wednesday evening.
- She wanted to leave. She then had to do physical labor
until she stopped wanting to leave.
- She had a breakdown. She wanted to leave immediately.
She was locked up with paper and a pen. She should write up
- She felt she did not have the power to resist, so she
did what was asked.
- She then gradually made up a story about her dad. "He
does not feel very well"; "He feels worse"; "Daddy is
badly ill"; "Daddy is very very ill and I need to visit him"
- In the
sec check she fooled the
e-meter by thinking
about nice things. This was easy, because she was thinking
about a future outside scientology.
- She went to Germany. She contacted a reporter who put
her in touch with Ursula Caberta. At first she was scared of
Caberta, thought that she is a fanatic, would use her, etc
(based on scientology's propaganda). But she noticed that
Caberta is really nice and just wants her to feel better.
She is like a mother to her.
- She went back to Saint Hill to get her school papers,
some evidence and also to try to get Lilly out. She had with
her phone# of embassy, police, etc.
- Scientology got suspicious after a few days that she had
not packed out her bags.
- She called Caberta and left. She was helped by the
German Embassy and the UK police. The UK police has been
lied to in the past: when people leave, scientology claims
that these people are "unstable", "ill", etc. This happened
very often. Now the police ask the people who leave if they
"want" to be found.
- Tanya is living in Germany (Hamburg area). She gets
telephone and mail terror. She is financially supported by a
non-profit foundation (she did not tell the name) and goes
to school and has found new friends.
- Her dad filed a criminal complaint about "child
- She talked with her dad and he said that he would not
talk to her because she left scientology.
- She was not able to get Lilly out.
Tilman Hausherr [KoX, SP4]
Resistance is futile. You will be enturbulated. Xenu always
Find broken links on your web site with "Xenu's Link Sleuth":