All of them, those in power, and those who want the power, would pamper us, if we agreed to overlook their crookedness by wilfully restricting our activities.
Disclaimer: Dianetics and Scientology are trademarks of the Religious Technology Center (RTC.) These pages and their author are not connected with the Church of Scientology or RTC, or any other organization residing under their corporate umbrella.
This site is best viewed using a highly standards-compliant browser
Finally — I'm Somebody!
By Dan Garvin more
| CHURCH OF
SCIENTOLOGY WESTERN UNITED STATES
SENIOR HCO PAC ETHICS ORDER 1688 24 MARCH 2002
Dan Garvin, former
staff member from Los Angeles, is hereby declared a
In July 2001, Dan
left staff professing that he considered himself a
leaving, Dan began writing entheta letters to
Dan has publicly
departed from the Church in his continued attempt to
In reality, he has
only been pretending to be a Scientologist. He made
Dan has committed the following suppressive acts:
SCIENTOLOGISTS GUILTY OF THE PRACTICE OF STANDARD
2. PUBLIC DISAVOWAL OF
SCIENTOLOGY OR SCIENTOLOGISTS IN GOOD STANDING WITH
3. ENGAGING IN MALICIOUS RUMOR MONGERING TO DESTROY THE AUTHORITY OR REPUTE
4. PUBLIC STATEMENTS
AGAINST SCIENTOLOGY OR SCIENTOLOGISTS BUT NOT TO
5. CALCULATED EFFORTS TO
DISRUPT CHURCH SERVICES OR THE FLOW OF PUBLIC UP
6. VIOLATION OR NEGLECT
OF ANY OF THE TEN POINTS OF KEEPING SCIENTOLOGY
Any certificates or awards Dan may have been issued are hereby
licenses or membership agreements he may have signed are
It is hoped that
Dan will come to his senses and recant. Should this
His only Scientology terminal is the International ]ustice Chief via the Continental Justice Chief.
INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE CHIEF
HCO, SCIENTOLOGY and THE BRIDGE are trademarks and service marks owned by Religious Technology Center and are used with its permission. SCIENTOLOGIST is a collective membership mark designating members of the affiliated churches and missions of Scientology. Printed in U.S.A.
Unpublished work: (c) 2002 CSWUS. All Rights Reserved.
One of the remarkable characteristics of a Church of Scientology apparatchik is the compulsion to lie even when no lie is necessary, when the unembellished truth would have been adequate to the purpose. Compulsive lying is a trait ordinarily associated with a certain mental instability, but these are people who, outside office hours, would seem pretty normal. I knew Alex; he knew me. Even accounting for the possibility that some of the lies were fed to him by others, he knows that at least some of what he wrote here is false.
High Crimes 2, 4, 5, and 6 are quite true and are, by themselves, sufficient reason to declare me an SP and blacken my name for all eternity among believers. 1 and 3 are false, as are several of the particulars in the preliminary paragraphs. Had the lies been omitted, this already zing-less SP declare would have had no less zing and been just as damning. Why lie?
I did enjoy this last paragraph, even though it's entirely untrue: "In reality, he has only been pretending to be a Scientologist. He made virtually no progress on The Bridge in over 20 years and despite many attempts by fellow staff members to help him with his out-ethics he has made virtually no change. Through his continuous overt acts he has barred himself from making any case gain."
1) OK, so suppose I really was only pretending. How come in over 20 years all the king's ethics officers and all the king's sec checkers couldn't put two and a half percent together and figure this out? How come my ethics files contained plenty of commendations, relatively few negative reports, and almost no justice actions against me?
2) When did the State of Clear become "virtually no progress on The Bridge"? If that's the case, then the great majority of the staff in the CLO are no-case-gain SPs, because they're not even Clear.
3) What continuous overt acts? The only ones even implied in the rest of this issue are ones I committed, or supposedly committed, after I left the Sea Org. Is Alex saying I'm so powerful and OT that I can change the past, so that all those times in the past, when I got case gain, simply didn't happen? Doesn't he realize that's dangerous? Hasn't he seen The Butterfly Effect? I realize the movie hadn't come out when he wrote my declare, but he could have gone into the future and watched it, or watched it now and gone back into the past and fixed the SP Declare so I wouldn't have such dangerous OT powers.
4) But, supposing I really had been committing continuous overt acts, and supposing that, despite all those purported attempts by fellow staff members to set me straight, I actually had made virtually no change — how come nobody did anything to stop me in all those years? In that entire time, I was never assigned to the RPF, and only one Committee of Evidence was ever held against me (one other one was called but was cancelled because I was upstat). According to the HCO Policy Letter entitled "Knowledge Reports" and other issues, anyone who knew of an offense but failed to report or handle the offender is just as culpable as the actual perpetrator. Either that's an indictment of several hundred Sea Org members ranging from the bottom to the very top of Scientology, making them all just as guilty as I, or — perhaps those mysterious 20 years' worth of unspecified continuous overt acts never really happened, and that's the reason nobody ever "helped" me with them.
Anyway, despite the lies, the errors, and the long delay, I'm extremely proud to finally have my SP Declare. I'm going to have it made into a wallet-sized laminated card, so I can show it to people. I'm thinking of also having it mounted and framed for my wall.
Sea Org member for 25 years
Free for 2 years
"Wasn't the S.O. much gentler than a wog prison system where you would be exposed to large quantities of insanity and suppression, and butt-fucking?" — Phil Chitester, Church of Scientology defender